Thank You CAC Friends and Donors
for all that you have done
to support the Center for Arabic Culture
Dear CAC Friends,
The CAC Sunday Arabic School continues its superb education with 12 different levels: 3 adult and 9 children levels;
The cultural programming continues to grow with events such as the Karim Nagi dance workshops and cultural showcase;
The annual “Food for Thought” event presenting “The Gaza Kitchen” cookbook authors who were featured on the Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown on CNN;
Arabic music virtuoso, Bassam Saba’s monthly music workshops;
The monthly movie nights that were supported by the Joiner Center at U Mass Boston; and, last but not least, our annual “To Ummi With Love” with Simon Shaheen and the Berklee Qantara.
And that is just to name a few of our events…..
At CAC, we are especially heartened by the level of community support and participation:
- Patricia Reggio, a realtor at the Bean Realty Group realized the importance of the CAC mission. She not only made a contribution but also announced that she will give to CAC 10% of her commission on deals by CAC’s circle of family and friends that are referred to her.
- A local Arabic High School teacher, who had collaborated with CAC on language education, continues to give CAC gifts even though he has relocated to California because he “would like to support the important work of the CAC” even if he no longer lives in MA.
- University of Massachusetts Boston, decided to allocate to CAC the time of 3 interns from the honors program to work on an in--house project.
- Students from Northeastern University won a grant to present different cultures to Boston middle school students, and reached to us for an Arab world presentation.
- The committee for the William G. Abdullah Library put in our care and safekeeping Ms. Evelyn Manconi’s legendary legacy of promoting Arabic heritage and culture to the greater MA community by awarding us a grant for programming.
- MIT and Mass Humanities reached out to CAC in the past year to work as project advisors and partners on several grants.
- Along with other Arab American organizations, CAC helped establish the first national Arab American Arts Collaborative.
- CAC wrote and won a grant from the Puffin Foundation to continue programming events.
We are touched and encouraged by the support of our community and other local institutions. You have realized the importance of the work that we do and have provided exceptional support over the years. Now, we need your help in order to continue this important work!
We need to raise $40,000 by the end of the year.
Please help support CAC with a tax–deductible donation. Please consider us for your end of year giving. Without you, our work would not be possible!
We would like to wish you a happy holiday season and a Happy New Year! Thank you in advance for your support.
Gheed Amara Itani
President, Center for Arabic Culture