Interested in an Internship/Volunteering in the Nonprofit Sector in Development and Event Planning?
The Center for Arabic Culture is looking for a team of 6 Development and Events Interns/Volunteers who have a deep interest in the nonprofit world. Interns/volunteers will work on fundraising, non-profit marketing, and event and outreach planning. All candidates should have solid writing and proofreading skills, and good communication and computer skills.
The Development Events Interns team will work closely with both the CAC program coordinator and President of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the logistics, planning, and execution of 2 major fundraising events
- Assisting in community outreach planning.
- Assembling materials involved in marketing solicitations.
- Assist in organizing the CAC programs and events.
- Assist in Planning for the CAC Spring open house in May, 2014.
- Office work.
This position requires a commitment of 5-10 hrs./wk. throughout the Winter/Spring 2014 semester (January-May).
Position is unpaid.
Hours are negotiable and flexible. This internship can be renewed for another semester.
A letter of recommendation and certificate of completing an internship with us will be provided.
Speaking the Arabic language is not required.
If interested, please submit your résumé to Alma Richeh at email@example.com
The Center for Arabic Culture (CAC) in Massachusetts promotes the Arabic culture and the Arab-American experience through education and the arts. The CAC provides the American and Arab American Communities with various and innovative ways to celebrate and learn about the Arabic culture in an open, inclusive and democratic way.
The CAC programs include but not limited to:
- Visual Arts: Exhibit, document, and promote art about the Arab world.
- Performance Arts: organize concerts, dance, and theater productions.
- Scholarly Activities: Organize lectures, conferences, and workshops focused on Arabic culture, History, and the Arab-American experience.
- Arabic Language: The CAC Arabic School and the colloquial classes programs enable children and young adults to experience the beauty of the Arabic language.
Program Coordinator – Job Description
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The Center for Arabic Culture (CAC), a 510c3 organization based in Somerville, Massachusetts, announces a position available for a Program Coordinator. The mission of the Center for Arabic Culture (CAC) is to promote Arabic Culture and the Arab-American experience through education and the arts.
The Program Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director. He/she will be responsible for program development and implementation of the events/programs, as well as help mange the CAC Sunday School.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for events/ programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance, as well as help with the management of the Sunday School
- Develop yearly outreach plan according to program needs and capacity within the mission of the CAC
- Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with other organizations and individuals to foster partnerships and positive relationships
- Help secure funding, and identify grants to fund future programs/events
- Coordinate event planning, volunteers, set-up and breakdown for events, including develop and duplicating informational materials, working with AV equipment, and managing any other work needed to support the event.
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Help update the website and manage e-mail distribution of newsletter
- Ensure database(s) maintenance which include(s) participant and prospect information and mailing list
- Bachelor Degree
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, HTML, etc.)
- Professional and friendly demeanor; punctual; responsible; caring
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- Interest in Arab-American and Arab issues and Culture
- Some event coordination experience
- Arabic language skills preferable but not required
Hours: 20 per week
The CAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer