Keep Arabic Culture Alive!
The Center for Arabic Culture (CAC) is a nonprofit organization that promotes Arabic language, culture and the Arab American experience at its best, through its Arabic school at Mt. Ida College in Newton and its Center at the Armory in Somerville.
CAC’s main goal is to build bridges and open exchanges between the Arab-American community and the New England Community at large. CAC is reaching its 10-year mark and its existence is only possible because of generous donors like you, the vision of its founders and current Board, the hardworking staff member, its teachers and the many volunteers.
Why support CAC?
- At the CAC Arabic School we pride ourselves in offering a secular education embracing everyone and for all age groups starting from 3 year olds to adults, holding small class sizes.
- Our organization succeeded in establishing the first Arab American Children Choir in New England. With 25 members, the choir introduced Arabic music through various concerts in the Greater Boston Area. It sang with the NY Arabic Orchestra at the 2015 annual CAC spring Celebration.
- We are becoming a valuable resource to numerous organizations in Massachusetts. The Boston Public Library, the American Cancer Society, the Somerville Office of Commissions and the Aga Khan Documentation center at MIT, to name a few, have all relied on CAC for advice, inquiries, events, and educational resources.
- In 2015, CAC featured Arab-American artists, Arabic films, exhibitions, and held cooking classes, Arabic colloquial classes and a fashion show at the Armory in Somerville. It organized and sponsored comedy shows and concerts, as well as talented musicians from Boston together with musicians from New York under the direction of our ardent supporter and musician Bassam Saba.
- CAC was able to train and supervise more than 20 interns during 2014 and 2015, the vast majority of whom are of non-Arab descent and interested in learning about the Arabic Culture.
We pride ourselves in having created all this programming with only one paid staff member and a large team of volunteers. With your support we can continue to bring more content.
Please continue to be generous as our services are unique and are not offered elsewhere in Massachusetts. We aim to offer an intensive summer course for children this summer and we hope to grow our extra-curricular activities for them. Your funding makes our programming for you possible. The school tuition barely pays for the rent and the teachers.
All our contributing donors above $100 will automatically become CAC members and enjoy our membership benefits according to their level of contribution. CAC is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-exempt.
Your gift is what keeps CAC going.
Photos By: Jan Komsta